Friday, June 25, 2010

First New Lawnmower!

This season of lawn mowing has been quite short. We finally got our back yard completed and with that came lawn and lawn growing. A few weeks ago I got out the old and I really do mean old, it was old before I got it. However it didn't even finish the front lawn before locking up and dying. Oh well, I had a back up. It was harder to start and that is why I used the old one, but that is okay, it has a bag. Well this one the primer housing is cracked and now the rubber primer button was gone and it was not going to start. (Yes, there was gas in it). Alright, I guess I was not meant to cut the lawn. So, I call the trusty neighbor kid (Dylan) to cut the front lawn until we can figure out what we want to do with the lawn mower situation.

A couple weekends go by with us out of town to Moab and to Wolf Creek, Utah. Both places were a blast with great company. But, but this point the back lawn is getting LONG. The not so small dogs are starting to disappear. So, my friend Bryan offers his riding lawn mower. Oh yea, style! I go and pick it up, keep in mind I have to hook up the trailer and drive 2 miles North to pick it up. I get it home, unload it and ready to mow. It does the front lawn with its 17 HP Briggs and Stratton with a 42" deck in no time at all. Until I'm nearly done and there is a big POOF of smoke, flame and oil spitting out of it. I stop it as quickly as possible. Nothing was under it, I didn't hit anything. And it isn't starting. Oil is starting to leak out the side and I'm afraid it is done for. I get it pushed into the garage, it is starting to get dark and there isn't anything I'll be doing with it that night. The next day I inspect it with Bill and it is obvious that something has tried to throw itself out of the case. It is split and oil has leaked all over the card board box I put it over. Unfortunately this will be the final lawn mowing for this Murray Monster!

Tonight it was time for a new lawn mower. I had been browsing the KSL ads and nothing looked good. So forget it. I'll go buy a new manly mower. (Not riding...it was just too big for the lawn, even though it was so much fun.) Well as you can see below, I got a nice Craftsman from Sears, platinum edition all the bells and whistles along with read wheel drive, which I really like. Works so much easier then the front wheel drive. It does tend to do wheelies though!
The new Densley Mower!


2 comments:

mae said...

She's a beauty.

Way to break your friends lawnmower.

mae said...

She's a beauty.

Way to break your friends lawnmower.